Tuesday, August 25, 2009

1/2 or Whole


So today in my inbox at work i received a very surprising email. The Gasparilla race committee has decided to stop having their full marathon and next year will be the last time that they sponsor this marathon... okay...i really wanted to run this race because it is in Tampa...however, i didn't want to race it next year. Now i am dealing with what i am going to do. I have two options however on how everything is going to go


Option 1: Run the full marathon 26.1 miles in one day


Option 2: Run the Bud Light Challenge (25.5 miles)


a. Run 15k 9.3miles


b. Run 5k 3.1 miles


c. Run 1/2 marathon 13.1 miles


I am leaning towards option 2, however I never do anything easy for my self and i kind of feel that running the race this way is a cop out....but it will however mentally prepare me for a full marathon.




No comments:

Post a Comment