Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Week 1 Done

So for the past seven days I have been following the Dr. Goglia Quick Start Plan. Yes, I have broken down and started following a meal plan that is more detailed and structure then what I’m used to. I didn’t want to write anything until I had actually finished Week One. I thought the meal plan would had been a lot harder then what it was but it’s like Cooler 1 of the Clean Eat which but with a lot more calories. Also because I started training for my half marathon(s) I also have actually added in some more calories thru protein shakes (snack) and wheat bread (lunch). My Fitness Pal app keeps telling me that on my days of NO EXERCISE I am not getting enough (between 1100-1200)  but because I’m not doing any activity I don’t mind it that much.
Turn Up the Heat: Unlock the Fat-Burning Power of Your Metabolism
Example of Dr. Goglia 21 Meal Plan
Regardless of your starting weight, take a multivitamin daily.



        



  FOOD                                    PORTION SIZE



Meal 1:    Oatmeal, plain, cooked (not instant)     1 1/2 cups

           Orange (or a banana)                         1

Meal 2:    Apple                                        1

Meal 3:    Brown rice, cooked                         1 cup

           Chicken breast, no skin                    4 oz.

           Squash, steamed                            1 cup

Meal 4:    Raw celery                                 2 cups

           Peanut butter (natural)                    1 tbsp

Meal 5:    Whitefish, cooked

             (not battered or fried)                  8 oz.

           Zucchini, steamed                          1 cup

           Asparagus, steamed                         1 cup

           Tossed salad, no dressing                  3 cups

Meal 6:    Mixed berries                             1-2 cups



This is how I have been eating for the pass week and I haven’t had the dreadful HUNGER HEADACHES, I actually had the opposite where I have felt too full and have struggle with skipping my snack. So on days like that I would take my vitamins with an organic juice blend of tart cherry and pomegranate juice. This way I don’t dip low on my calories.

I can say that the first week is over and I have dropped a total of 8lbs (MOST OF THAT IS PURE WASTE&WATER) however, I do have more energy and am looking forward to the next week. This week may be kind of hellish since I will be returning to the run training for this week also.

Exercise Plan

Tuesday: 2 mile run/50 min spin class/25 minutes total body (circuit training)

Wednesday: 60 min boot camp fitness aka BOOTY CAMP ;)

Thursday: 35min spin class/2 mile run/25 minutes of total body with thera-bands

Saturday: 60 min spin class/4 mile run

Sunday: 5 mile run/ 30mins of stadium-steps with Abs

No comments:

Post a Comment